Sunday 30 April 2017

Shaking those tail feathers

Hi there,

We have some much needed rain at the moment, but it has put a halt to me doing any more painting on the fence, and I only went out and bought a wire brush to wash the next bit of fence yesterday! Grrr. Oh well, maybe tomorrow - or maybe I will just craft all day! None of the eggs have hatched out for my red-rumps this time, which is a shame but I wasn't overly convinced that they had been fertilised anyway.

I have a new card to share with you today. I got these stamps free with a magazine and had a great idea to use them with my feather stencil, however when I came to make the card I couldn't find my stencil! Not to be beaten by my own craft stash I found a leaf stencil and improvised. I am not sure it looks quite as good as I was hoping, but it does kinda work lol.

The base card is a preprinted one that was designed for patching a cross stitch onto, but I think it looks better for using with stamps or stickers due to the high quality of the printing.I created the leaf using green glitter paste and then stamping the peacock eyes onto thisin blue and purple. The feathering is not there for the edges, although I did try, but the eyes are obvious. I then simply stamped the sentiment on the opposite side. I think the sentiment works well with the pre-printed design.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
ATSM #239 CAS
CCEE 1717 Gardens
Hanna and friends #272 Glitter
inkspirational #133 Graffiti

Here is my fence so far - just in case you care lol:
Yup it is quite orange - it wasn't supposed the be quite this bright but I am hoping once the whole fence is completed it won't look so bright!

Here is a dino update too (about 25hr I think):
And finally, as I am not listening to audio books much at the moment (have to figure out what my password is for the library books!) I thought I would do a film review instead.

Star Trek Beyond
This film is another Captain Kirk based Star Trek, taking them back to thier roots of actually going where no-one has gone before. They travel into a nebula to help a refuge, only to find they are under attack from something never before seen. They have to move fast, using the aid of somebody who has had direct experience with the enemy, to prevent the space station from being destroyed.
I thought the story line for this film was very good, however right from the start it lacked the seriousness of Star Trek. I cannot put my finger on exactly what the problem is, but it seems to be more comic book style than is expected from these films. There is a certain finesse lacking that we have come to expect when watching Star Trek.

Thank you for checking out my blog - check back next Sunday for a new Quirky challenge!!

Hugz Tinz

3 comments:

  1. I love the tree! So beautifull and your garden is going to be awsome to

    X
    Diana
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sweet leaf with glitter
    sweet image too
    thanks so much to joining this time with us at ATSM
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I love that glitter :) Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.