Thursday 6 April 2017

Dodger Birthday

Hi there,

Time for another DT post from myself. It is time for the new challenge over at Aud Sentiments - a fortnightly challenge blog where you MUST use a sentiment on your card. It is the 7th birthday of the challenge blog and to celebrate we will be having two winners. So our theme this time is to use a Birthday sentiment, or the number 7. We are giving each of the two winners a gift certificate for the on-line store of their choice - so it is a brilliant prize.

I have gone for something a little different this time. As I am in an ATC group in which we are exchanging birthday cards, and I have been in the group for a few years, I decided I wanted to make a special card for each of the ladies birthdays. So my creation for this month was a card for one of the group, with an ATC to match.

I used a very colourful card blank for the base and cut it into an apron shape. I made the cross stitch and added the recipients initials to the coffee cup to personalise it (8hrs work here). I patched the cross stitch onto a pink 'pocket' with faux stitching round the edge and added it to the card blank, leaving the top open.
For the ATC I used a Popcorn and friends CD_Rom. I added the image onto the patterned paper, printed onto card. I then added soem self-adhesive lace across the top and finally a Papermania sentiment.
The ATC sits nicely inside the apron pocket!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Crafty Calender - April showers/Spring (the colours are sping themed, and the base card looks like a watery floral scene)
OLL #225 Layer it up
Simon Says Wednesday - Happy Birthday
Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes

My parrot got the wrong idea when playing whose got your nose. He didn't realise that I hadn't really stolen his beak and it was my thumb between my fingers, and so he tried to steal my nose -
ok not quite true something startled him and he jumped lol. It wouldn't stop bleeding and is swollen on the left side now :(

And some growing stuff now. Here are my planters a month on from potting them up:
 Atlas planter

Meeces planter

And finally - at long last - a new audio book review for you lovely people:
Dodger by Terry Pratchett
This book is another fun story, based loosely around Charles Dickens and where he got the ideas from his stories, as well as some other influential men of the time. The main character in the story however is entirely fictional, although taken from Charles Dickens stories to some extent. Dodger finds his whole life changes when he rescues a young lady from a pair of ruffians driving a cart with a very squeaky wheel. Dodger is a ‘tosher’ which means he is considered a lowlife by the upper classes as he makes his fortune in the sewers. However, he soon shows he is more than capable of holding his own with those upper classes and at the same time has to devise a plan to save the lady from those who would wish her harm.
All in all this is a good, fun book to listen to with lots of giggles. I think part of what makes these books good to listen to is the author understands the story and relays is so well.

Thank you for reading my blog,

Hugz Tinz

3 comments:

  1. Hope your nose soon gets better Tinz. Love your card with all the cross stitch on it - I used to be an avid cross stitcher until the needle eyes started getting smaller, or my arms started getting shorter.... Thanks for joining us at ooh La La creations
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youch! That must have been very painful! Parrot obviously won that game !!:)
    Fabulous idea for a card, sweet little apron with a gorgeous cross stitch pocket. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the card! Thanks for joining the challenge at Ooh La La!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.