Tuesday 14 August 2018

Words of wisdom

Hi guys,

I had a go at making a bookmark last night, and here it is:
I layered a patterned paper (received in a recent ATC exchange) onto thin cream card, and then onto thick orange card (aka melon and pumpkin coloured cards :D). I then stamped the sentiment from an Indigo Blu stamp set that came with simply crads and papercraft magazine. I used Carvded Pumpkin and scattered straw distress inks, and then Pretty Colour black over the top. I repeated this combination for the dragonfly and leaf from the same stamp set, however I then added an extra leaf in the Pumpkin. To finish I punched a hole so that a ribbon or charm can be added.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Simply Create Too #141 Make a bookmark
dragonflydreams - Monochrome (orange spectrum)
The Paper Players - colour challenge
 
SOS #376 Leaf it to me
C4C447 Bugs
 
Sorry for the quick post but I have to head off now.

Hugz Tinz

8 comments:

  1. I love your bookmark for this weeks challenge over at C4C - 447. Really cute and I adore the idea of a bookmark. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great fall bookmark! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely sentiment and a wonderful project! Thanks for sharing this with the Players this week and using my color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bookmark love the stamps and Autumn colours
    Carol x
    Thank you for joining us at Simply Create Too
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun bookmark and a great use of this week's colors. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous bookmark great use of the colours thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash for the Leave challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think bookmarks are a wonderful gift for anyone who loves to read actual books, I love the feel of turning the pages and listening to the noise they make, I even like the aroma of old books as you are reading them.
    Your book mark is beautiful and with a lovely sentiment to match.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH, hope you play again soon.]
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous bookmark!! Love the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.