Monday 24 February 2020

Floating squirrel

One of my colleagues is leaving to start a new job on Thursday and I wanted to make something a little different for them, and this is what I came up with.

I took a square piece of white card and added the snowy squirrel topper to it. I then measured a piece of foiled acetate to be 1cm bigger on the horizontal, so that I could make it into the front panel for the card. I then added the squirrel in fir tree partial topper to the opening edge of the acetate. Finally I stamped the Best Wishes sentiment from a Woodware Men's sentiment stamp collection. I was going to stamp it using StazOn ink, but I couldn't find it, so instead I had to use standard ink and then heat emboss with Hi-puff Heat it up embossing powder. This did bend the acetate slightly unfortunately, but I still really like the finished card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
CCM #251 Embossing
MMM #116 Critters
SOS #414 The Great Outdoors
TheCardConcept #129 Warm Winter Wishes (colours and snow)
TheMaleRoom #130 Use embossing
MTTC #426 No digi's allowed
Notjustcards - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking the time to look at my creations,

Hugz Tinz

8 comments:

  1. Great card! I love the layered look! Thank you for playing along with our "Embossing" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers! Have a great week and happy crafting, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card andfab design, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little squirrels look just like the ones chasing each other on the pines outside my craftroom window, love the 3D effect of the acetate window.
    Thank you for playing at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
    Hugs.
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh that squirrel is so adorable, what a fun and funky card! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this fortnight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! And heat resistant acetate never is really resistant, is it? But I love the result.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, love the embossing on acetate, well done. I'm sure it was appreciated. Thank you so much for joining us in our Use Embossing challenge at The Male Room this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

    Faith The Male Room DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love squirrels. A great card that everyone would love to get.
    Thank you so much for joining us at The Male Room Challenge embossing challenge.

    X Lise Mariann, DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.