Sunday 11 February 2018

Year of fishing

We have actually had sun today - and a bit of snow too - but actual sun!! It was really nice to have a bit of time for the ground to dry out, but of course it will probably rain again tomorrow anyway lol. We decided to make the most of the sun and go to a local nature reserve - Magor Marsh. A very handsome Otter decided to come out and have a little fish on the lake in front of us - I was extreely excited as I have not seen one actually free, in the wild, before! Unfortunately I had forgotten to take my camera :(

Anyway, I was asked to make a desk calendar for a male, but it wanted to stay small as it was to go on a small desk. This is what I came up with:

I used Pepper and Friends rub-on transfers with a fishing theme, and even added one to the first of the calendar pages. To make the calender stand up there was a sheet of card across the bottom, two-thirds the length of the main panels, that I folded in the middle and stuck to both sides, which ensured that the calendar would still fold flat for posting, but would not fall over when sitting on the desk.

I would like to enter this desk calendar into the following challenges:
CASology #286 Butterfly (on the calendar tab)
The Male Room #78 Inspired by television (the men do seem to like watching the fishing programmes)
Animal Friends #59 Stripes or Dots (ok I have taken a liberty here, but there are dots on the calendar)
notjustcards - anything goes

I also have a Fawn update - 38hrs and counting:
Thank you for looking,

Hugz Tinz


4 comments:

  1. That's a cute little calendar & different! Thanks for joining us at The Male Room Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The butterfly on the calendar tab is a cute little embellishment. Thank you for playing with us at CASology this week. Hugs- Bharati

    ReplyDelete
  3. A calendar!! What a great idea! Your theme is unique and wonderfully boyish. The recipient will appreciate
    Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.
    Cyber hugs
    Shawna DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.