Saturday 10 February 2018

Loving Friend ATC

Oh it is incredibly wet today! I thought we were supposed to be getting a bit of proper Winter weather in the UK, but apparently only a couple of days is enough - then back to wet and cold!! Grrrr. I am currently watching Mr Blackbird in the garden though - he is certainly makig the most of the wet weather. I guess it helps when the householder pops soe mealworms out in the garden for him to eat as well though lol. Just hoping that little miss Thrush also decides to join us as I haven't seen her for a few weeks now.

Anyway, still in the love theme for February it was mine turn to choose a theme for our ATC's this month. I am trying to use the stash that I receive from each lady to make the ATC to send back to them, and so this is what I created this time round:

I used white card cut to 3.5x2.5" as is standard for an ATC. I then stamped two hearts at angles onto this card, using blue pretty colour ink. The stamp was a free gift with a magazine and I adn't used it before so thought this was a good opportunity. I then used some vellum that I received to overlay these stamps. (This was the only part of the received goodies that I used on the ATC - but it is something lol - the other bits were either slightly too large, or didn't quite go, but I will make a card with those bits instead!).
The image is from a honey and hugs paper pad and I die-cut the owls from the patterned paper using the second smallest scalloped heart X-cut nesting die. I also cut a few more to send with the ATC. To finish I added a heart border peel-off and a heart to the centre of the image (which was from the border peel-off).
I would like to enter this ATC into the following challenges:
CCEE1806 Valentines Day
craftycatz #403 Love is in the air
Allsorts #454 Love is in the air
Simon Says Stamp, Monday - Love is in the air
C4C421 Love/Appreciation
citycrafter #398 Light as a feather
Simon Says Wednesday - It must be love
modsquad - have a heart
Catch the bug SSS603
TIOT - Love is in the air
MAWTT #64 Love
MTTC #364 Love is all we need
Deep Ocean #174 Love is all around
cute as a button #41 Spring

We went out for a walk last weekend and saw some lovely Tufted Ducks on one of the lakes! Not great photos as I do not have a zoom lens but here they are:



They are so handsome! We also saw a Gadwall pair but I didn't get a photo of them.

Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz

10 comments:

  1. Cute ATC, and I love the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, little ducks on your ATC. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the delicate die cuts, thanks for joining us at Allsorts for our Love is in the Air challenge, xx
    And at MAWTT too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and lovely card!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your wonderful ATC with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card, I love those cute little love birds! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  8. I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed seeing this card! The triple-heart design creates a beautiful effect and I love the pop of red that your hearts add. Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clute ATC, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great ATC,
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.