Thursday 9 May 2019

Black & White Impact

Hi guys,

It has been rather wet and miserable here for the last few days - but the garden has appreciated it (especially as we have laid turf at the weekend). Not so nice for the blue tits and their babies, but it seems that the nest box has kept them pretty dry, thankfully. I am so excited to see the little ones fledge as this is the first time the nest box has been used!

Anyway, there is a new challenge starting today over at MAWTT, and I decided to use the IkesArt progressive challenge image to make a card that matched the theme (unfortunately I was so pleased I could do it in black and white I completely forgot the fact that the challenge ended last week!!)

Here it is:
I simply fussy cut the image but didn't colour it. I added it to a background that was in my stash with embossed pattern on the back. The stamp was from a free gift stamp set and I embossed using Papermania embossing powder. Finally I layered the panel onto a plain white base card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Country View - Opposites (Black and White)
ikesworld #120 E for Embossing
The Library Challenge #32 All creatures great and small
Addicted to CAS #158 Contrast
MTTC #396 CAS

I also have some pictures to share with you - the first is this beautiful butterfly:
And my P.cambridgei enclosure

Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz

10 comments:

  1. Great monochrome card and image love the embossed background ---and the beautiful butterfly---been wet miserable and soo cold here too!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great contrast between that wonderful background and the manatee, Tinz. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card with the waving seal and the glittery sea. Thanks for joining The Library.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got some rain for the new turf and I am so jealous of your Bluetit babies. I miss them a lot. Don't actually get them on my Island.
    Thank you very much for using my Manatee - he looks super cool on there :-)
    I'm glad I can't actually see your 'Boris' (don't want to give the game away LoL ) in it's enclosure. Have you given him/her a name ?
    Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - 'Boris' is actually called Teddy :) Currently trying to convince it to give me the shed that is hidden in the nest, so that I can sex it - I am not winning that arguement though haha.

      Delete
  5. You know what not only is that image cute and adorable it is also delightful and lends itself well to black and white. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monochrome is perfect for our Country View Challenge! Thanks for playing with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely black and white card!!! Thank you for joining the May challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful project!! Thanks so much for joining the Opposites Challenge at CVC. Good luck and hope to see you again soon x Teresa DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fun entry to our May opposites challenge over at Country View, thanks so much for joining us x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.