Thursday 11 May 2017

Gorjuss Mermaid trio

Hi there,

I have a variety of stamps sets that I always want to use but do not actually often get round to using. So I chose a stamp set and challenged myself to make three cards using just the things in my craft room, and the stamp set. This meant not making any new die cuts or embossing any more cards - no making flowers etc. We all have those boxes of die-cuts and drawers full of embellishments, and as I am running out of storage space I decided it was time to use some of these up.

So here are the three cards I created:
 For this one I wanted to make a card less than 4x4", which I just about managed. I made a very small base from My Minds Eye Chalkboard paper. I stamped the images to create a scene and coloured with watercolour pencils. I also stamped the image onto a patterned paper I received in an ATC swap and paper pieced the tail.
This card was specifically made for TIOT's little things challenge, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday - Going Dotty and Addicted to CAS #110 Grunge.

For this second card I once again coloured the image with watercolour pencils after stamping to create a scene. This time I wanted the mermaid to be sitting out of the water so I could use the flower stamp too. I layered this onto a shimmery base card alsong with some patterned papers and a sheer ribbon. I added a seal die-cut I had in my stash and raided my bag of punched shapes to find some dazzling dragonflies too. This card is to be entered into the Cute Card Thursday #477 Dies and punches challenge.

For this final card I again used watercolour pencils but this time I fussy cut two of the stamped images and layered them onto a base with some patterned paper pennants and corners.
 
 And this is the stamp set I used:


I would like to enter these cards into the following challenges:
Scrapbook Stamp Society #116 Mother's Day
ATSM #241 Anything Goes
Mod Squad - Let's colour!

And here is an update of my Row Of Xmas Fairies cross stitch at 25hr 21.



I live on a new estate and we have some public parkland that we have to pay the maintenance cost for. So we went for a walk over there the other day to see what babies there were on the lake (none at all), and found this!
So we are paying for the trees to be laid down to die!!! Grr - I am sure they would be much happy and look much better if they had been put into the ground. What a waste of money.

Anyway thank you for looking at my blog - I will have more baby pictures soon, and a book review too!



Hugz Tinz

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards with this lovely stamp set - Thank you very much for joining us at TioT!
    You are totally right with this poor trees - you should complain to the town administration about that!
    Happy rest of the week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy you really challenged yourself with the blog. But I am amazed at how well you did. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge.
    Barbar DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely stamps you used on your beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your card. Your watercoloring is so pretty and your design is lovely. Unfortunately, your entry is not CAS as per the requirements of this challenge but I hope to see you play along next time. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I wasn't sure if it would count or not! I struggle with CAS sometimes adding a little too much,
      I will definitely try again though :)
      Hugz Tinz

      Delete
  5. Hi Tina,

    Love your card and Santoro has awsome stuff!
    Wow! Your embroidery is awsome!

    X
    Diana
    Diana's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. VERY sweet creation! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Going Dotty” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all so pretty! Lovely ways to showcase the beautiful mermaid. Thank you for playing along with us at Scrapbook Stamp Society. We would love to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute image, I agree with you about the trees, no wonder you are angry!
    Thanks for linking up at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are beautiful little cards! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! I'm not surprised that you are upset at seeing those trees - bad enough that they were not planted but to know that you are paying for them must be really annoying! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tinz these are very sweet
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.