Friday 3 April 2015

Extra Large for Christmas

Hi there,

I don't think it has actually stopped raining yet today! Typical bank holiday weekend weather for the UK :).

Today I managed to break the cat litter tray - not necessarily the best time to decide on this being a good idea - but luckily we managed to find a suitable new tray - although it is not covered or colour matched to the kitchen :(. We have also had to fix the fence as the wind decided to completely destroy two of the fence panels. They have now been replaced with some green netting which I will grow sweet peas, runner beans, french beans and peas up. Not the ideal solution, but when you are short on money you make do and mend. I will have to get a picture once the weather dries up so that I can show you how it looks now, and then how it looks in Summer once it is all planted up - and hopefully there will be a large improvement in the Summer.

I also managed to use one of the A4 Anita's card blanks that I have had in my stash for a couple of years, but never known what to use them for, to make a Christmas card from one of my many finished cross stitch pieces.

The gingham background paper was from a card making magazine from a few years ago, which I topped with printed scandi-style vellum, from a craft pad that I got from my mum. Red mirror card was adhered to the right side of the card blank, and the gold 'Happy Christmas' ribbon layered over the crosses on the vellum. The Lickle Ted cross stitch and mount was layered onto the mirror card, once white backing paper was placed behind the stitching to prevent the colour bleeding through the aida. This whole panel was then layered onto the card base and Christmas sequins added to finish.

This card is being entered into the following challenges:
Vs sweet ideas #33 Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts #7 Quirky Sketch with hats
simply create too #82 Anything Goes
TPE292 Anything Goes
creative corner Animal Fun
winter wonderland Let it snow

Finally, for those of you who have been following my progress on the fish tank - it is now at 90 hours!
Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog.

Hugz Tinz

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card....thanks for joining us at Quirky Crafts Challenges!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card and that image is so sweet. Sorry about your fences - two of our panels came down too but luckily, we managed to get them back up.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simply Create Too and I hope we will see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, thanks for sharing!!! DT Quirky

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.