Thursday 28 March 2019

For a Man @ MAWTT

Hi there,

It is time for our new challenge from Team A at MAWTT, chosen this time by the lovely Zoe. She has chosen the theme of For A Man.

I have gone for a travelling theme for my card:
I blended Carved Pumpkin and Scattered Straw Distress inks across the background to create an old map colouration. I then edged this with Pine Needles Distress ink.

The image was a sticker that I had for a while in my stash, as was the sentiment sticker, but they were from two different sets.

I would like to enter this tiny 3x3 card into the following challenges:
Simply Create Too #147 For a male
 Intaas #54 Green and two other colours (black and brown)
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes

I also have a book review to share with you :)

Codename Villanelle by Luke Jennings
This is the book that Killing Eve is from. I thought it was just one book, however there is a second book in the pipeline! I have not watched Killing Eve yet so I came to the book unbiased by the TV programme. The story starts with some history and background on both Eve and Villanelle, and how their paths come to cross. There is a lot of details about how they each do things and how their lives are very different. Eve loses her job because of Villanelle, and this sets her on her tail. She knows that Villanelle is dangerous and is working for dangerous people, but she also knows that she needs to be stopped. Full of tension, action and emotion this is a very detailed story, which ends just shortly after Villanelle has to exterminate her mentor and allow her identity to be discovered by another. However, at this point in the story Eve and Villanelle have never actually met. I found that this story wasn’t as fast paced as some crime fiction, but it doesn’t feel slow due to all the extra detail involved to give you a thorough idea of what is going on. You do get attached to some characters, and occasionally you even feel like you are on the side of the bad guys. Well worth a read. Now just to wait for the second book to be released.

Thanks for looking and we cannot wait to see what you create for our theme this time.

Hugz Tinz


3 comments:

  1. Perfect card for the masculine theme Tinz. Thanks for sharing I love it. Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card for the theme, thank you.
    I did watch the series Killing Eve and enjoyed it, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors you used in your masculine card! Thanks for playing in the Simply Create Too challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.