Sunday 26 October 2014

Fizzy Moon for Three

I have made another set of ATC's to go out with my backgrounds. These three are based around some Fizzy Moon toppers I got free with a magazine and never seem to use for anything! I also made them a bit at a time so they were not made with any challenges in mind, but I have still managed to slot them in to some. I just have to make sure I am careful and follow the challenge rules properly - otherwise people may start falling out with me :(.

So here is the Fizzy for You ATC collection:
In shades of blue to match the Fizzy Moon with star topper, I used a fluffy ribbon I have had in my stash for ages, tatty teddy paper, two blue gems and a Forever Friends sentiment. The sparkle on the topper is complimented by that in the sentiment, and they really bring out the sheen in the ribbon too.
Simply Create Too #73 Shop in your craft room (Topper free with magazine ages ago, ribbon found in stash box - didn't know I had it, paper from an old 12x12 paper stack, sentiment from Forever Friends birthday set received last Christmas and two blue dots that were some of the first stash I even got).
Country View October Challenge Sparkle and Shine


This time I used a multicoloured bouquet bearing Fizzy Moon, and to compliment this I chose a bright pink ribbon, a patterned paper bow that I received in one of the ATC packages and a patterned paper from the Henbury Lane collection. The glitter in the bouquet and the flowers on the bow compliment each other perfectly. I then added an L and W to personalise the piece for the receiver.
A Creative Romance Pink Challenge
Live and Love Crafts #28 Pink (re-entry as the last one did not sit within the rules of the challenge).


For the final ATC in the collection I used a sunflower backing paper with a Fizzy Moon holding white flowers. To compliment the topper I added a self-adhesive ribbon strip and then added a rub-on sentiment to finish.
Deep Ocean Challenge #89 Just one layer
Card Concept #21 Sunflowers (Using the Clean and Graphic Style - I think)

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW - Dinner for Two by Mike Gayle.
Dave is a music journalist and his wife, Izzy, also works for a magazine, as a senior writer. Their friends are all having babies and while Dave wants a child, Izzy has always been adamant she does not want to go through pregnancy - yet. However, Izzy ends up having a miscarriage, and after Dave's magazine folds and he goes to work for a teen mag, things start to get a little complicated. He receives a letter from his daughter, whom he knew nothing about before this moment, but who knows too much, and looks too much like Dave, to be making the whole story up. Dave has to decide what his next steps are.
This story looks at how decisions can change the course of a life, but in a light-hearted and humourous way. I am not usually kept interested in light-hearted stories like this one, but it was well-written and well read also. The story does not take itself too seriously, even though it is dealing with a serious topic and it makes for an easy listen in the car. The miles fly by, and traffic becomes less of a problem whilst listening to this story.
I do not think I would have got on with this book in the written form as the style of writing does not focus your attention and it seems to have lots of mini paragraphs, or possibly even chapters. As an audio book this is not noticed too much, but in the written word I think it would be too broken up to allow me to get into the story. However it would be perfect for those who prefer light-reads.


Hugz Tinz

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cards; these bears are so sweet. Thanks for re-entering the LLC challenge.

    Hugz, Sandy
    Owner & Operator @Live & Love Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are perfectly adorable! Thank you for playing at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to think we might have helped you use up some stash with our challenge. Thanks for playing at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.