Saturday 13 April 2019

Patchwork Nature

Hi there,

I decided to make a no-colouring card using a little fox stamp as my main image, as we saw a fox on the roundabout just outside our estate.

I used a square base card and added some papermania patterned paper to the background. I then added a printed strip of silhouette pattern printed onto pearlescent card (I can't remember the name of the designer). Finally I stamped the fox and the buttons from a Patchwork stamp set that was free with a crafting magazine, onto a gingham oval that I had in my stash. I added this to the card base using 3d foam pads to raise it up from the background. What is your honest opinion about leaving the image uncoloured?

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
ATSM #336 Anything Goes
Catchthebug - Back to nature
Sweetstampin' - Get Ready for Spring
inkspirational #184 Pop it up
intaas #55 CAS with blue
dragonflydreams - include an animal

I thought I should also share a dino update with you. It is from last month though - I need to get a more recent picture!
At this point the third Dino had taken 28hr36 taking the overall time to over 201 hours.

I also thought you might like to see my blue tits visiting the nest box!

Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz

12 comments:

  1. Great card and the image looks perfect uncoloured against the patchwork background--unfortunately your video wouldn't work for me :(
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love your sketch. Thanks for playing along with us
    Hugs, Joy
    Bugaboo dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely card, but I don't see the whole sketch from Cheerful Sketches. I'm missing 2 of the vertical (or in your case horizontal) stripes.
    Hugs Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and such a great take on the sketch.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful fox image and interesting on no coloring. Stay safe with a fox on the lose. Thanks for joining in the Catch the Bug Back to Nature Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love this fox image - your card looks great. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how all the colour comes from the background. Lovely layout too. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card - love the colors you used! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is very cute! I really like that fox. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch the Bug Challenges. Julie O, DT at Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card. Love the bright background. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon. Nandini, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely foxstamp on your card. Thanks for playing at cheerful sketches, although it is not quite like the sketch.
    Nancy DTCSC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.