Sunday 26 February 2017

Oh Christmas Foliage

Hi there everybody,

Went to watch the hubby in his first, and possibly last, performance tonight. He had a bit part in a Terry Pratchett play - Maurice and his Educated Rodents. I say last performance because he has decided he might enjoy behind the scenes more than having to spend so much time learning lines and rehersing, not because he was really bad at it lol. It was a great performance with a good theatre (but poor seats - my poor bottom!).

It does mean that I have not had time to do any crafting today at all - work this morning, then quick dash home to get changed and meet the in-laws and then straight back out. However, I did make a couple of my cross stitches into cards yesterday and I thought I wuld share them with you. So here they are:

 For this one I used a Christmas wreath design on a patterned base card. I added a strip of blue Christmas paper, to match the blue on the stitching. To finish I used a star for the wreath to hang from, a star at the bottom and a sentiment peel-off.


This one I used a beige card blank and stamped some trees directly onto it. I also stamped a robin from the same stamp set (which was free with Creative Stamping). I then simply patched the cross-stitch onto the front.

I would like to enter this cards into:
addicted to CAS #105 Wood (Trees - card #2)
Winter Wonderland - Anything Christmas Goes
ABC Christmas - D for Dimension (Stitching and stars - card #1)
Christmas @ Sweet stampin - Anything Goes (Card #2)
dragonfly dreams - Hearts and flowers (card #1 - heart wreath)
citycrafter #350 A Few Stitches

Anyway I now need my bed - hopefully more to share with you tomorrow, or maybe Monday (after my first day at my new job!)

Until then thank you for looking,

Hugz Tinz

9 comments:

  1. Wow, receiving one of these cards is a gift in itself. I admire anyone who can cross stitch and your two pieces look gorgeous on these cards! Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' challenge! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cross stitch and clever to add them to your cards ... Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for playing along with CCCB with this clever card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cross stitch (or should I say embroidery?) is such a clever take on our theme. And it looks great! Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. pretty cards so much work in cross stitch too, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards i love the cross stitch I used to do that some years ago,

    Lilian B

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thank you so much for sharing at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.