Thursday 23 February 2017

Elegance is Timeless

Hello there,

Storm Doris is certainly trying her best to do some damage here. She has not managed so far despite throwing my wheelie bin at my car!! She also keep trying to shut our rabbit, who is also called Doris, into her hutch, but Dodie just keeps pushing the door back open with a good kick lol. She is however not very impressed with the bog the lawn has turned into due to the rain, and she keeps shaking her feet! I have put some hay down onto the grass for her but it doesn't seem to be working lol.

Anyway, time for me to tell you about our new challenge over at Aud Sentiments. The theme for this challenge is Animals, so a nice simple one for you - but don't forget to add a sentiment. Our lovely sponsor for this challenge is Ike's Art who allowed us to choose an image to use. I chose my image because I thought it was amusing and could be used for a variety of occasions. Then when it came down to making the card I got a little stuck and had to search through my stamp list for a suitable sentiment (my peel-offs still haven't been unpacked unfortunately, but I think they are in the next box!). I found the perfect stamped sentiment and based the rest of the card around that - however when it came to stamp the sentiment I couldn't actually find the stamp! So I wrote the sentiment onto the card instead using a metallic gold paint pen.

Here is my card using Alice Rabbit:
The base card had an embossed frame, so I heat embossed using Gold embossing powder, but rubbing patches off before heating and then triple embossing some areas to give a distressed feel. I didn't colour the image but cut the edges with patterned scissors and inked with Promarker Gold ink. As stated above I hand wrote the sentiment and added a strip of golden pearls down the side. I have also since added a birthday sentiment to the inside of the card as it has already been requested by somebody. I have also just found the darned sentiment stamp this morning!! Just bleedin' typical.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes
CCM #182 Add some texture
Scrapbook Stamp Society #110 Embossing
TIOT - Let's get messy (with embossing powders)
The Card Concept #67 Vintage (CAS)
Animal Friends #47 No designer paper
Country View #48 30mins or under

Thank you for looking, and hope to see you joining us for our challenge,

Hugz Tinz

21 comments:

  1. It is a fun stamp and a perfect sentiment!Love how CAS you made this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job being adaptable with your supplies. sounds like the weather isn't giving you a break. We just had several beautiful days with 70 degree temps but we will be back to winter weather tomorrow
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to improvise sometimes. A lovely card. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stam and great sentiment! Super CAS card!
    Thank you for joining
    TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cute card, love the expression on that guy's face

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers

    June/DT
    http://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable image for your CAS vintage card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Card Concept!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is very cool and I love the gold on there. So glad you didn't get damaged in the storm. Maybe Doris shoould have some Wellies ? :-D
    Thank you for using my image and it is a pleasure to Sponsor you all.

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine tolle Karte. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waht a cute design! Thank you for joining the fun over Simon Says STamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful project, thanks so much for joining us at TIOT, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  12. A really cute card. Great image and I love the heat embossed frame. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and a fun image :o) Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
    Maike

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fab image, makes a great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at TioT
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers Add Some Texture Challenge.

    Peggy T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very unique and fun CAS card! Thank you for sharing your design in our "Add Some Texture" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool and fun card :)
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends Challenge.
    Vlg Selene

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is so fun and cheerful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card this week!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. A fabulous CAS card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the fun and cute bunny, thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. this is very cute Tinz
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.