Saturday 15 September 2018

Country Diary Uniqueness

I have made two cards using the same flower stamp from the Country Diary free stamp set (got a while back with a magazine).

These were made for the Twofer challenge #9 leaves. I used two floral stamps that are mainly leaves and so could be used in a variety of ways - on the masculine card I only used the top leaf spikes.

For the first one I used a monochrome colour palette:
I used a Whispers ink pad and stamped the whole image twice on each side, with one ink application for each side. I then stamped the senitment (from a different free stamp set) using the same ink. Finally I added a layering stamp, with a black top layer to add a bit of definition - so this is a nice One Layer CAS card.

This particular card I would like to enter into the following challenges:
modsquad - Monotone Thank you
badge-winner-fw
ATSM #309 CAS
 Simply less is Moore - OLC florals

For the second card I went for a more masculine creation with the same flower stamp:
For this one I used a monochrome geometric patterned paper as the base to stamp onto. I inked the edges in the ochre Whispers in and stamped the top third of the image twice in this colour. I then stamped this part of the image all around the top and bottom of the panel in black ink. Finally I added the birthday sentiment from the same stamp set.

This one I want to enter into these challenges:
The Male Room #94 Geometric

Here is a picture of my suculent that was knocked of its stem - I am hoping it re-roots and then I can re-pot!! Fingers crossed


Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz

8 comments:

  1. That flower stamp does have a lot of leaves, Tinz, and I like the way you just used the spikes on your manly design! Both cards are effective in monochrome coloring! I have several succulents like that and they take root just fine by popping them right in the soil without rooting them in water first. But I'm in temperate California weather so that may be why it works that way. Good luck; it's a beauty!! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #9! Don't forget to follow the challenge blog if you haven't already! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have taken some of the leaves and placed them straight into the soil. This is the first time I have tried to root a succulent so I am just hoping that something takes and I get new plants! :)

      Delete
  2. Super idea to stamp onto a geometric patterned paper to keep flowers masculine. Thanks for playing at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great neutral colours for both your leafy flower sprig designs, Tinz ... what a different feel the grey pp adds to your masculine card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have two very different looks with your leafy stalks! They look like a "bounty" on your thank you card, and I love how you stamped directly on the pp for you birthday card! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and perfect colors for fall! I love the symmetrical design you created with your stamping. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Thank you for joining at Addicted to Stamps and More and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these soft tone cards. Very airy and lovely. Thank you for playing with us at The Male Room.

    x Lise Mariann, DT The Male Room

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.