Saturday 1 February 2014

Card challenge - loved up!

Here is the card I actually finished making last night. I think I am going to title it 'Love Doves' and it is going to be entered in the black and white challenge from craftycardmakers and the love challenge from C.R.A.F.T.

I backed the inner fold of an aperture card with papermania paper, and then stuck a sheet of acetate over the aperture. Onto this I stamped some love birds that I got free with a magazine, using black staz on ink. I filled in the birds with a white glitter glue pen, and added some white extra fine glitter to increase the opaqueness of the birds. I then stamped a bird onto the top left and cut away the corner around the stamp, and stamped a sentiment to the bottom right. In the other corners I added some self adhesive pearls, and I also added some around the edge of the acetate.

Here is also an update on my fish. Only an extra half hour on them, but every little helps!

I decided to have a go at quilling - for my facebook group - but I am not sure it is going to turn out quite as it should.
This is just the first stage of the design, but you should be able to tell what it is going to be and I do not think that you can!

Hugz Tinz

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty card.Love your glittery doves, and the sentiment has a lovely font.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, thanks for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty sparely card. Thanks so much for joining us at CraftyCardmakers and More.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely creation, so glad you shared your card wth us at CRAFT x carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.