Wednesday 14 November 2018

Layer it up @ I Love Promarkers

Hi guys,

It is time for a new challenge over at I Love Promarkers. This time the DT were given the theme of 3 layers (which is actually harder than it sounds!) How do you decide what constitutes three layers? Does this include the base card as a layer, or does the layering start from the first patterned paper? Do I go into too much depth and should I just get on and do the card? hahaha.

Anyway, I decided that three layers did not include the base card, and came up with this:
I have used My Sweet Rose from our lovely sponsor - StarStampz. They have a wide selection of large eyed beuties just like this one and the DT have come up with some beutiful inspiration. As usual if you are playing along with the challenge we do need to see promarkers, flexmarkers, aquamarkers or tria's on your project.

I coloured the image with promarkers before fussy cutting her out. Unfortunately I didn't record the colours I used. I die cut a heart from Papermania Capsule Collection patterned paper, in orange to match the bow, using X-cut scalloped nesting hearts and the over the edge technique to ensure the bottom corner was not cut. I used a base card with an embosed border and then rubbed a Papermania pink ink along the edge, which gives a bit of a distressed feel to the card. I then layered a floral paper into the central panel of the card, and the heart and image were layered onto this. Finally I added a sentiment tag which matched the patterned paper, and an orange bow.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Scrapbookstampsociety #153 Anything Goes


Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz

1 comment:

  1. Tinz this is very sweet
    Thanks for join us at
    {ScrapbookStampSociety DT Member}
    Hope to see you again and goodluck

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.