Sunday 22 October 2017

Sparkler Flowers

Hello again everybody,

I have made another birthday card today as my stash is running low and we all know how often a birthday can creep up on us!!! I went for a simple image and based the card around the sketch #234 from AHSC

 Here is my take on the sketch:

I used a purple base card, then layered a watercolour effect orange patterned paper and a purple and green patterned paper, with a green scalloped circle in between. Finally I inked the egdes of a piece of white card with Boofle green, Dovecraft purple and Distress Cracked Pumpkin inks. I used these same inks to stamp the flowers into the box. Finally I added two die-cut leaves (Crafter Companion die) and wrapped this panel with twine.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Card Mania #97 Orange, green and purple
inkspirational #146 Inkspirational photo - Inspired by the basket, leaves and natural effect (for my twine). I also used sparkler effect flowers.
Addicted to stamps #155 Flowers
MAWTT #56 Autumn

ooh and here is the meal I made for me and hubby the other day - It was spagetti nests stuffed with roasted vegetables!!
ok so the nests were overflowing slightly as my muffin tins were a little too small lol.

Also, meet our pet cockroach :)  He doesn't like playing out much and we really should give him a name hehe. Considering how little he actually eats he is quite the beast.

Thanks for looking,

Hugz Tinz


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your card at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge. Such fun that you combined with a color inspiration for a great outcome. Someone will surely enjoy this sweet card with its touch of watercolor and sparkle.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    dt member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your colorful card. You did a great job incorporating all of the elements in the sketch. Thank you for joining AHSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card, thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite a rich combination of colors and so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us here at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.