Wednesday 3 May 2017

Teacher Appreciation

Well it is still Wednesday and I am quickly doing my second DT blog post of the day before I head off to work. I really hate doing these late shifts as I am constantly clock-watching. At least when I do normal shifts I just get up, go to work, and then do whatever I need to do without worrying about the time. I know to go to bed when I get tired lol. Also I dare not do anything in my garden in the morning in case I get really dirty and run out of time for a shower - much better to get the ablutions done first thing and then just be really careful lol.

So we have a new challenge for you guys over at Creative Moments. As I am sure you all know already we are an always anything goes challenge blog, however we do have a twist again this time. I love playing the twist as it focuses my mind, otherwise it takes forever to decide what I am going to make lol.

Our sponsors for this challenge are Decosse and . Check the challenge blog for what these guys are offering as prizes! I used Professor Wigginton from Dr Digi for my birthday card.

So I used one of my very busy base cards for the background on this card. I struggle to use these base cards as they are just too busy and bright, but they seem to work ok if you are layering on to them. So I coloured the image with metallic pencils and rounded the corners. I also used a piece of patterned paper I received from a friend, which had the floral pattern of the base card, but in a slightly more masculine and subdued effect, again rounding the corners. I added a glitter ribbon and some 3D cupcake stickers to finish.

I based this card around the sketch from Sweet Sketch Wednesday
 
 and would also like to enter the following challenges:

Glitter 'n' sparkle #237 Flower Power
Fussy and Fancy #186 Anything Goes
Card Mania #92 Life is colourful

I have a colouring page to share with you:
I kept this one simple and delicate, using my papermania metallic pens.

And here is my patio planting area - still to fill some pots, but waiting for money to get some more compost, and some plants:

And my garden at the moment (so I can show you the difference once we have the shed and patio completed!

Thank you for looking and I cannot wait to see what you create for our challenge,

Hugz Tinz

1 comment:

  1. Great looking card, so fun! Thanks for joining us this sketch. Hugs, Heide SSW2-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.