Monday 11 November 2019

Through the snow...to the baubles

Hi guys,

I have another Christmas card to share with you today (I might be making too many and not enough birthday cards at this rate!)


I saw some masks from Crafter's Companion, but I do not have any - so I decided to make my own. The obvious way to this would be to stamp the paper - then die-cut the image and remove yes?? Well guess what idiot here did...yup, cut out the die first, then used it as a mask to stamp the rest of the paper!! Doh. I used a background stamp that was free with a magazine with red, green, gold and silver inks to create the layers of snowflakes. I then stuck the pieces down onto the cream card base. Finally I stamped the sentiment in gold to the bottom of the bauble, added some bronze glitter ribbon and a bow down the side...and because I couldn't find my thin double sided tape I added silver glitter to the exposed tape between the two glitter ribbons :). I really, really need some more hours in the day to finish sorting my craft room. I have too many Christmas gifts to make to be able to commit at the moment, and so my stuff is spread out across the floor currently haha.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Daring Cardmakers #126 Baubles and bows
C4C510 Texture (glitter)
Sweet stampin' - Make your own background
ATSM #366 Anything Goes
Craftycatz #482 Christmas
SOS #408 snowflakes
Addicted to Stamps #179 Anything Goes
Dragonflydreams - Christmas/Winter
Country View - Hand stamped

Here are a couple of the pet T's:
Bear - P.cambridgei
 Teddy - P.cambridgei
Chewbacca - G.acteon

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, very innovative.
    Sorry, can't like your pets, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, great idea with the die-cut mask! Thanks for playing with us at Country View Challenges this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week and good luck in the draw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely background on this beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card!!! Thank you for joining the November challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.