Tuesday 15 January 2019

How many ways to use an owl?

Hi there everybody.

Today I have a selection of mini cards to show you that go inside my notecard holder I made previously.  I used one die set for all the cards, but in two different ways - so three of each design. I wanted them to be humourous but useable for any occassion.

 Here they all are together :) Very different designs, with the owl obvious in the one, but obscure in the second.
 So for this one I used just the owl outline die with blue patterned paper, to create some waves (I did cut the ears off though!). To give the effect of foam I went around the edges of the waves with blue glitter glue pen. I used Nuvo drops to draw the birds, and a gold paint pen to write the punny sentiment :).

This one uses the die in a more obvious way on KRAFT card. I then also used the die with all the inside parts of the owl, cutting both black glitter and watercolour effect cream papers. I layered the pieces to create the owl.

I would like to enter this collection into the following challenges:
dragonflydreams - Anything Goes
Simply Less is Moore #386 Water (top card only)
C4C466 Humourous

I also know it is a little late, but I thought I ould share some more of my Christmas photos with you all :D









Thanks for looking (yes Piggy got his own decorations :D)

Hugz Tinz

10 comments:

  1. What a fun post, Tinz! I like how festive you are over the holidays! You really used your owl in a creative way with your punny "seaing" you card and he looks handsome and wise on your second card! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #12! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Twofers. I love how the owl became the sea in the second card. That is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Cards. Thanks for playing along with us this month. Lisa Dragonfly Dreams DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little owl is adorable, Tinz ... and what fun to use him so differently as waves for your punny 'sea' card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created amazing cards. I like how your owl turns to waves. :-) Great idea.
    Your post is nice. I put today my Christmas decoration away and I'm already missing it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owl looks so cute with his glittery wings. Such a creative idea to use him for the sea! I like your "punny" cards that are sure to bring a smile! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a creative card for our challenge and wonderful combination of challenges too! Love your bravery to write your own sentiment -I'm always too afraid and need to stamp! :) Wonderful amount of shite space too. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your sea card and very creative of you to use the owl! Love your sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute ideas here...thanks for sharing your Christmas pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.