Sunday 20 May 2018

Magical Rainbows

Hi guys,

I finally got round to creating with the new progressive challenge image from IKEsART (check out the facebook page here for more info). This one came as a complete digi stamp, but also with the unicorn and rainbow separate - perfect for paper piecing. However, due to lack of time I decided to use the combined image and colour with papermania metallic pens, to give a magical effect.

I added two glittery hearts to the top of the image panel and adhered to a peach base card. I added peel-off sentiment and glittery dragonfly. I hand-wrote DREAM and then layered the glitter sticker over the top, for the dreamlike quality, and also added a little portrait spot to give a slight medeival feel to the card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Country view #63 Be humourous
notjustcards - Anything Goes
cute card thursday #230 The great outdoors (what is more fun about outdoors than a rainbow!)
SOS #354 for the kids

I also have a book review to share with you today:

The Break by Katherena Vermette
One evening a young mother is trying to get her child back to sleep when she spots somebody in trouble on the stretch of land she has called The Break. By the time the police arrive there is nobody there and all that is left is some scuff marks and blood in the snow. The story is told from various different perspectives, going through all the people that are connected to the victim and to the incident. The story for some of the characters starts before the incident and for some it starts at that exact time-point.
This is a really well written story that explains why people my act the way they do, and highlights how sometimes very unrelated events can actually be closely related indeed. It also highlights how difficult it is for victims and their families to process what has happened and to incorporate it into their lives, both at the time and afterwards. There is always something else going on that requires attention also, and life does not stop just because something bad has happened. If you like your drama’s then I think you will like this book.



I spent yesterday playing around in the garden (today has been spent sorting out the animals instead) when I haven't been at work. Here is some of what I have done :)


I did also plant a Gooseberry but apparently I didn't take a photo lol.

Thank for looking, hope you have all had an enjoyable weekend, whatever your weather has been like.

Hugz Tinz



2 comments:

  1. This is so fun and magical! Thank you for sharing at SOS! And I appreciate your book revirew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.