Monday 16 April 2018

Sail Away on a sea of wax

Hi there,

Well now we are back at work the weather gets all lovely again - fingers crossed it stays nice over the weekend! I have a Techniques page on facebook, and the technique in focus for this month is to use Wax to create something. I have tried to make candles before, but they never quite work as expected, so this time I used some new guilding wax I bought quite a while ago at a craft show.

I used a gilted card blank. Cosmic Shimmer gilding wax in Ocean Teal was rubbed over a piece of blue embossed card, to look like rippling water. The Helz Cuppleditch, Riverbank Revels, was stamped onto white card and coloured with watercolour pencils before being fussy cut and added to the top of the water panel.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Simply Less is Moore - bring something back (gilding wax and stamp)
CCEE1815 Add a pet
Sweet stampin' - Animals

I was out in the garden and taking photos this weekend - 













I do so love seeing the garden coming back to life :)

Thanks for looking, and I would love to see you over on Facebook :D

Hugz Tinz

2 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only used gilding wax once, love the teal colour you used here.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.