Saturday 24 June 2017

Missing you and Flying High

Hi there everybody,

I have two cards to share with you today. OK so haven't actually done much of the housework, but there is always tomorrow for that yes?? lol. So here is the first of my cards:
I based this card around the sketch 115 from Sweet Sketch Wednesday
 
I did rotate the sketch slightly but all the elements are still there. I used various embossing techniques for the background and die-cut the owl from X-cut self adhesive glitter paper. The embossing folders used were one that came as a free gift with a magazine, which I used to emboss the tin foil (to resemble the moonlight in the forest), and a Sheena Douglas folder which I rubbed ink onto before embossing to make the background paper. I then added a penant and some papermania blitters flowers to finish the sketch.

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Diecuttin' Divas #322 Camping Critters (owls in the forest)
fussy and fancy #190 Punches/Dies
kort 'o' mania #178 Use different things (trying stamping with an embossing folder)
613 Avenue Create #198 Stamping with an embossing folder
open-minded crafting #18 Just about time (dandelion clock)
FB Monthly Themes for Crafting - Use Tinfoil

My second card to share with you all is this one made for a work colleague who will be leaving us next week:

I used a pre-printed base card, a topper that was free with a magazine, a sentiment I created on the computer and a Bloomer from the papermania Capsules range with a blue adhesive gem in the centre. I also finished with two bright pink butterfly gems.

This card is for the following challenges:
TIOT - Letters or Numbers
MAWTT #48 English Country Garden (full of flowers)
Citycrafter #367 Hashtag City Crafter
SOS #308 Think Pink
allsorts - flower power

 CRAFT #421 Animals


I also have some more stuff I am growing to show you :)
 Lobelia
 Curly Kale
 Geranium
 And yup there is still an Acer in there!
 Violas
Spirea


Thanks for taking the time to look at my blog (I would have an update for you on my stitching but I am not sure which one is next lol).

Hugz Tinz

19 comments:

  1. Hi Tinz
    Lovely cards and the roses the doggy is holding are good for the challenge.
    Best wishes.
    Ang (MAWTT DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card projects and beautiful photographs of the plants

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards

    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing cards and plants! Thank you for joining us at TioT's!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love your colours and added texture and embellishments. Texture is perfect on a card giving that 3D effect. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.

    Hugs
    Kathie SSW2~DT
    from
    Kathie'z Kardz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty cards and what beautiful pots you have. Thanks for joining us at Moving Along with the Times xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cards, Tinz, the first one is so elegant, and the second is just adorable! I love the photos of your various pot plants, too (I have the opposite of a Green Thumb, I just can't get plants to grow, so seeing yours makes me a wee bit jealous!!!!!) Thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable!! Many thanks for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute card.

    Thank you for entering our Challenge at Crafting by Designs https://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
    Regards
    Mel DT
    https://melgeecrafts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute,thanks for joining us at MAWTT, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely cards and I love the way you added the hashtag. Such a lovely card. And your garden looks great!Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two wonderful cards, thank you for sharing one with us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely cards!
    Thanks for joining DCD's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sometimes wonder how to use freebie toppers but you have set a good example! I love this! fun card! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for entering my challenge at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too stinking cute! Thank you for sharing with us at the C.R.A.F.T. Challenge. - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for joining us for out "Just about Time" challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun. Good Luck.
    Lynn aka Lynnpenguin, OMCF DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.