Tuesday 12 July 2016

A pop of red

Hi there,

My car is now back, after a couple of days with a little 1L petrol that didn't have a CD player!! The car itself was not actually too bad, but the lack of CD player meant no audio-book for my journey to work. I had to listen to the radio, and the music at the moment really does leave something to be desired!!

So I have made another two cards from that one piece of patterned paper, some red card, toppers and dies. These were for my monthly themes for crafting group over on facebook.

One and Only
 This one used a 3x3 scalloped base card. I die-cut a hear from patterned paper (although I probably didn't have to lol), and then used the same X-cut nesting dies to cut a heart frame from red card, which I layered over the patterned paper using 3D foam pads. I added a red flower button to the centre. I cut a tag shape from white card and hand-wrote the sentiment before adding to the top of the frame.

Flowers for You
This card is made from an A5 card blank, which has been folded into an easel card - instructions can be found here: www.craftsy.com/blog/2015/01/how-to-make-easel-cards/ I cut a panel from the patterned paper and also a slightly larger panel from the red card, and added to the centre of the easel. I wrapped a gosamer ribbon, with black flower details, around the easel and tied in a knot to one side of the panel. I added a felt butterfly to the other side for balance. I stamped the sentiment, which is a Woodware stamp, in red ink and die-cut using a nesting butterfly I got free with Crafts Beautiful magazine. This was placed in the centre of the bottom panel using foam pads to hold the easel top open. A red flower was added to finish.

This particular card I would like to enter into the following challenges:
Simon Says Monday - Flora and Fauna
 Glitter 'n' Sparkle #196 Easel card
Crafty Ribbons #159 Things with Wings
Inkspirational #112 Anything Goes with red
LLC #49 Sprinkles of Summer
Short O Mania #156 Summer

Here are some photos from down on the allotment yesterday:
 I think this may be an oxygenating pond weed, but not too sure - looks a bit strange lol.
 Slightly further out
 Bee Bar - not sure who is serving though lol
 Oooh more bees have come to join in!
Common Blue Damselfly I think this time.

And finally my little birdies enjoying the sunshine:





Thank you for looking - and watch out for the next post with the final three cards made from that one piece of patterned paper!

Hugz Tinz

2 comments:

  1. A lovely card hun and it's fab to see another gardener in blog land, great to see pics from your allotment :) I also have a Gardening Blog if you're interested - http://ngcardsseedlings.blogspot.co.uk
    Happy Crafting and tanks for stopping by my cardmaking blog :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.