Friday 22 April 2016

Stitching and growing - with thanks too

Hello everybody,

I made all my thank you cards for the wedding gifts now and thought I would share them. There are four different styles. We decided to use pictures from the wedding so they can be kept as keepsakes, and we chose four different pictures.

The first set were at the regitration office after the signing of the register:

Then we have the ones outside in the garden - on a stone bench - in the cold!

 Then we went for this one with the wedding vehicle, which we die-cut into a heart as it suited it so well:

And finally one of us cutting the cake:
All of the pictures were die-cut and die-cut embellishments added to the cards for decoration. Some of the cards have a peel-off sentiment, while some are stamped, and a variety of card blanks were used to keep it interesting.

I would also like to share with you my little growers lol:
I think these are tomatillo's, although they may be Cape Gooseberry instead - I cannot remeber which I planted and cannot find the pad I wrote it in! It will be a nice surprise once they fruit lol. They are currently taking over the whole windowsill, and I have tomatoes and chillis upstairs and a cold-frame full of Brassicas!!! I am over-run with greenery lol.

Finally some stitching to share with you:
This is an All Our Yesterdays design, by Faye Whittaker, that I got free with WOCS magazine a while back. I am gradually trying to work through my Free Kits as I do have quite a few of them, and they do make good little cards. I do also have to start making cards with those I have already stitched though!
I would like to enter this stitched card into the following challenges:
Modsquad - Water, water everywhere (sea on the horizon)
 Simply Create Too - #107 Use stitching
Crafting by designs Anything Goes
Quirky Crafts - Quirky raining cats and dogs


Thank you for looking,
Hugz Tinz

2 comments:

  1. Awe - what a sweet little image you have stitched. Very clever to put it on a card!! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at the Mod Squad!
    Judy, Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is a lovely use of stitching for your card. That image is so very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too Challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.