Wednesday 10 February 2016

Marbelled effect and fish

Hi guys,

I have been waiting for the new apple blossom Birdcage Panel die to arrive and so have not been proceeding with making the invites. It turned up today, and is too large. I might be able to use parts of it still, but considering that there are a few invites to make I am not sure I want to have too much fiddly stuff to do - I might have to rethink - but I did buy some glitter pastes and stencils at the craft show, with the idea that I might use them on a batch of invites.

However, in the meantime I ave had a go at the marbelling effect for some ATC's I need to get sent out:
Initially I tried to dilute the water soluble glass paints in some water, but this gave a very dilute effect, and the paint spread through the water too well, and so did not adhere to the card. The first one (bottom below) gave a couple of blue splodges, and the second, when the paint was more dilute, gave a very faint pink smudge (right). So for the best marbelling effect I placed the paint directly onto the card, and smudged it with a wet cloth instead. This gave a very bright effect (above and top below).


I added ribbons and stamped the fairy image onto white card-stock three times in grey me to you ink. I coloured the fairies in using promarkers according to the background they were going onto. I think my favourite is the fairy with the pink in her wings.

The sketch used for these cards is from Sketchy Colours (#265):

I also think these cards are suitable for the following challenges:
alphabet challenge Y for You Choose
catch the bug Anything Goes
LOC 116 Things with wings
CCEE1605 Winter activity (fairy is playing with holly berries in the snow) I do have a stamp that shows bears building a snowman, but it was a little too large for the ATC! And foraging for holly berries is definitely a winter activity.
Country View Make your own background

Also here is an update on my fish tank - it is supposed to take 120 hours and it is already at 119 hours!

Thank you for looking

Hugz Tinz

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining in our 'things with wings' challenge at Left of Centre creative challenges.

    Really lovely makes and they all look so different with the different colours used.

    I hope you will join us for future challenges each week.

    ❤️ & hugs
    Lisa xxxx LOC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ATC's, thanks for sharing at Alphabet Challenge.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pity that the die was no use when it finally arrived. I like the first fairy card and I love your fish tank panel. The colour are just so lovley. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ATC's, I love how you've created the backgrounds! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great cards, lovely image and colors :)
    Thank you for sharing with us Sketchy Colors.
    hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.