Thursday 30 July 2015

Birthday Bear on Top

Well hello everybody,

The sun has actually shown itself today! Are we going to see a little bit more of summer do we think? Fingers crossed, otherwise my tomatoes are not going to do very much - they need some sunshine!!!

So this time around I gave myself the challenge of using my peel-offs for the main image of the card, as I have plenty of peel-offs, but do not often use the larger ones. However, I also wanted to follow the theme at open-minded crafting, which is #41 Kids want to have fun, with the brief that they want to see children having fun on the creations. This did limit my options a little, but I found a sticker after much searching, and this is what I came up with:
I used a shaped pink base card. Red gingham ribbon was layered onto cream lace and wrapped around a red glitter panel (for texture variety). I added the peel-off to a lilac doily, along with a star, and finally added the sentiment to finish.
I would also like to enter this card for the following challenges:
simply create too #90 For a precious child
papertake weekly - Take your Pick - Product (lace)
LOC #88 Use some texture (I went for the varying textures of glitter card, lace and doily instead of embossing, which is how I usually add texture)
suzy bee #90 Ice cream shades
glitter n sparkle 147 Beginning with a B (Birthday, Bear)


I thought I would also share some of my garden delights with you. I actually managed to get a whole punnet of cherries for the tree this year, as I netted half of it. There are none left now as the blackbirds watched me get the cherries and obviously figured it out for themselves lol.


Also a picture of my lovely white lilies - they are quite large!



Audio Book Review
Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich
This is a female lead crime novel and is read by Lorelei King. Stephanie, the female lead, has just quit her job as a bounty hunter and started her search for a more ’normal’ job when she starts receiving threatening notes, and even has her car blown up. She finds that she might actually be safer if she has a desk job in the bounty hunter trade, whilst trying to find out who is targeting her. Amid this she has her sister’s wedding, balancing the two men in her life and helping her friend who has taken her place as the bounty hunter, but is not doing too well.

Personally I think Lorelei King is a very good choice for this type of book, even though this one is not as serious as most that she reads. There is an OTT comical aspect to this book, which makes it less realistic. But it is fast paced and interesting and there is always something happening. The lead makes you laugh at times, and cringe at others. I found this was a good book for listening to in the car, especially in bad traffic, due to its light-hearted nature.


Thank you for looking
Hugz Tinz

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love the bear and the doily makes really nice texture! Thanks for playing at Left of Center!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful creation.
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle.
    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card ! thanks for playing with us at Left of Center !
    Titbelsoeur DT xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.