Sunday 1 March 2015

Man and Loom

On my crafting techniques facebook page, February's technique in focus was Loom Weaving. Unfortunately my loom is missing pieces and so does not work very well, and I could not find my wire-work loom, so this took me quite a while to accomplish. However, here at last, is my bracelet, with the centre-piece being woven on a loom.

I am going to enter this into the following Anything Goes challenges:
This is a close-up of the woven section:

Audiobook Review
Man and Wife by Tony Parsons
This story focuses on the life of a TV producer. He has a son with his ex-wife and a step-daughter with his current wife. His wife is focusing on her career and so is spending a lot of time out of the house, his step-daughters father is very unpredictable, his ex-wife wants to move their son to America, his mother gets breast cancer and his main career focus hits the rocks. Then he meets a lovely lady, who seems to be everything that he ever wanted.

This is a humorous story with true to life events and it makes you reassess how you look at your own relationships. It is quite in-depth with how it shows what he is feeling and informs you of his thoughts also. It is very easy to see the situations happening in real life, which makes it a very good book to listen to on long journeys. I am not sure if it would be as interesting to read, but it is certainly interesting to listen to. My only issue is that it is a UK based story but there seems to be a few Americanisms dotted throughout which are a little off-putting.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh I love this what a fab bracelet! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Country View Crafts. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog (or at least take a look at it) and leaving a comment. They are much appreciated.